Job no: 493919
Work type: Academic Staff - 12 Month
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, a mid-sized public university, located in rural southwest Wisconsin, is seeking an Architect or Engineer to join the essential management team of the Facilities Management Department. The position works closely with internal stakeholders from all areas of campus as well as external partners to bring consistency, vision, and accountability to maintenance and improvement projects, assuring that they are completed on time, on budget, and in a manner that is culturally relevant and meaningful. The ideal candidate brings a strong place-based design sense to the position and must have a thorough knowledge of building components and project management.
This is an exciting and formative time for our campus; while the majority of campus was built pre-1970, we have seen a 14 percent increase in our student body since 2010. In support of this growth, over the next five years, the University will build a new “Sesquicentennial Hall” to expand our engineering facilities, in addition to the construction of an addition to our Williams Fieldhouse, and a remodel of Boebel Hall. We are seeking an individual who can use creativity and leadership to help guide us through this growth and into the future.
The salary range is $64,000-$74,000, commensurate with experience.
- Oversee the coordination, design, and implementation of all architectural/engineering projects on campus, both in-house managed projects as well as projects implemented through the State of Wisconsin Capital Budget program.
- Work closely with the Senior Campus Planner and campus leaders to develop and prioritize project requests for the biennial capital budget.
- Supervise two design/technical staff: an interior designer, and an engineering specialist.
- Oversee the campus Facilities Project Prioritization Process, including receiving requests, providing technical input on requests, cost estimating, staffing committees, and communications.
- Respond to off-hour calls and travel to off-campus meetings, trainings, and branch campuses located in Richland Center and Baraboo.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering, or a master’s degree in urban planning combined with relevant experience. Degree must be conferred by an accredited institution.
- Three years of experience in a design or construction related field. Ability to use CAD programs.
- Demonstrated skills in communications, relationship building, and project management techniques.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization fluently. Flexible skillset to address changing needs in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and standards (ADA, DSPS, NFPA, etc.), and the ability to quickly gain a working knowledge of the State of Wisconsin capital budget program.
- Thorough knowledge of building components and project management.
- Master’s degree in architecture or engineering.
- Five years of experience in building design and/or construction.
- Five years of project management experience.
- Thorough understanding of industry standard design practices and construction details.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Licensed design professional in the State of Wisconsin.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
To Ensure Consideration:
Applications received by April 20, 2018 will be given priority consideration. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, complete the online application process and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Questions about this position may be addressed to:
Sally Mergen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend