1. Teach information literacy and research skills across multiple disciplines in traditional or online classrooms.
2. Develop methods that use proven pedagogical methods within courses.
3. Create electronic or print instructional materials including learning objects, guides and tools to enhance learning both for face-to-face teaching and in course management software.
4. Develop comprehensive instructional program in response to campus curricular needs.
5. Offer professional development opportunities for faculty to highlight new resources and information literacy trends.
1. Assist students and faculty both in person and online with individual, in-depth research needs.
2. Participate in the institutional chat reference.
3. Offer higher-level citation help, referred from Learning Commons desk staff.
Materials and Collections
1. Participate in collection management including selection, evaluation, weeding, and final disposition of print and electronic resources.
2. Participate in ongoing collections needs assessment.
3. Promote new library resources to students, faculty, and campus staff including notification of arrival of recommended materials. (secondary duty)
4. Manage donated materials.
5. Oversee inventory process and valuation per the institutional schedule