- Master's degree with an emphasis in communication, marketing, journalism or a related field and four years of professional communication, marketing, journalism or related experience, OR
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in communication, marketing, journalism or a related field and at least six years of professional communication, marketing, journalism or related experience, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study and at least eight years of professional communication, marketing, journalism or related experience.
- Experience in marketing team management; providing leadership to the managerial level across multiple functions.
- Experience creating fully integrated marketing campaigns, utilizing Email and Text campaigns, digital marketing, website efficiencies, outdoor media and traditional media with measured results.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, digital expertise, Google analytics or another website tracking tool
- Experience establishing branding and creative direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced experience in public relations, marketing, or communications capacity.
- Proven experience working with social media, Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), web accessibility best practices, web content management, and web application testing.
- Demonstrated appetite for innovation and eagerness to continue to learn as new media options emerge.
- Professionalism appropriate to represent the campus with internal and external audiences, including major industry partners.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments requiring interpersonal communication competence, initiative, listening, and emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated value for the persuasive power of story.