Current UWP Employee?
Login here to view current openings and apply.
View your details, update your application progress.
Coordinator for Athletic External Operations
Job no: 497611
Work type: Academic Staff - 12 Month Renewable
The Athletics Department at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville invites applications for a Coordinator for Athletic External Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Assistant AD for Marketing Communications and Branding in the comprehensive branding advancement, marketing and communications efforts for the Division of Athletics and Recreation. This includes supporting communication content, digital media, social media, gameday statistics, and assisting in the execution of the brand advancement and communications strategy in support of the Division’s goals to enhance a culture of transformational leadership and competitive excellence.
This is a full-time, 12-month position that offers excellent benefits and paid leave options as well as participation in the top ranked Wisconsin Retirement System. Salary for this position is $35,000 - 40,000 commensurate with experience.
- Assist the Sports Information Director with game day operations
- Oversee press row/press box management for home athletics events in the absence of the Sports Information Director, to include supervision of student assistants
- Provide assistance to the Sports Information Director for the coordination and management of Athletics content on the University website, as well as with marketing and promotions projects
- Assist with the coordination and management of Athletics content on the University website, as well as updating the athletic department website and social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) for all athletic teams and the department
- Create press releases, game notes, and stories for publication
- Assist in maintaining team and individual statistics
- Support the coordination of media coverage for all home and away athletic events
- Assist the Sports Information Director with video editing and production and serve as the liaison between Athletics and Stretch Internet to provide live streaming of home athletic events
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in brand marketing, public relations and/or advertising required, experience in collegiate athletics and/or professional athletics is a plus!
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), video editing software, desktop publishing equipment, live stream equipment.
- Ability to build consensus among team members and manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Ability to work independently, as well as complete projects by enlisting the cooperation of others
- Ability to manage precise details from beginning to end
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of constituencies
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work, as well as meet timelines on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The UW-Platteville Division of Athletics and Recreation provides intentional athletic and recreational opportunities that inspire a shared sense of community, health and wellbeing for our student body, faculty and staff.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 42 baccalaureate and 9 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: Friday, May 6th, 2022.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse,
inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A
criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S.
at time of hire.
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville to provide equal employment opportunity to all
individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, arrest or conviction record, identity as a
veteran, disabled veteran, Vietnam era veteran, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any
other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or this state. Sexual harassment is
illegal and will not be tolerated. Co-workers and supervisors may not retaliate against any employee, student,
or job applicant because he or she filed a complaint, assisted in an investigation or participated in any
proceeding alleging discrimination on the foregoing basis.
The University ensures physical accessibility to work environments for persons with disabilities and will
provided reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment. Upon request, the University will
provide reasonable accommodations for religious observances and practices. The University is committed to a
program of affirmative action for women, racial minorities, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans and
veterans of the Vietnam era. While the Chancellor assumes overall responsibility for the success of the
program, university administrators and supervisors are responsible and accountable for implementation.
Authority for monitoring the program is delegated to Human Resources.
Each individual associated with the University is called upon to pledge a new and revitalized commitment to
build and maintain a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination, an environment that fosters
mutual respect, recognizes the dignity and worth of all people, and promotes to the fullest, equal employment
opportunity through affirmative action.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Annual Security & Annual Fire Safety Report is available
for review. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608.342.1584 for a
paper copy of the annual report.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality
in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
Labor Law Poster – English
Labor Law Poster – Spanish
Families First Coronavirus Response Act Update