Current UWP Employee?
Login here to view current openings and apply.
View your details, update your application progress.
Campus Visit Assistant
Job no: 497691
Work type: University Staff - Ongoing
Categories: Office and Administrative, Student Services
The Office of Recruitment invites applications for Campus Visit Assistant. This position is primarily responsible for coordinating aspects of campus visits, including responding to visit requests, collaborating with campus partners, presenting to prospective students and guests, and maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) records of prospective student visitors at UW-Platteville. In addition, the position will need to perform administrative tasks, which includes utilizing superior customer service with walk-in customers, telephone inquiries and responding to general e-mail. This position co-supervises student staff, including, hiring, training, and scheduling. Some nights and weekends may also be expected.
This is a full-time, paid leave and benefit eligible position. Starting hourly wage is $19.00 per hour and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Coordination of visit programs.
- Management of daily campus visit communication for prospective students and their families which includes confirmation emails and post-visit follow up and mailings.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve web presence of visit programs and update registration forms and dates as needed.
- Maintaining CRM records of prospective student visitors at UW-Platteville
- Provide information sessions and tours for guests of the university. Collaborate with Campus Partners.
- Co-supervise student staff.
- Administrative Tasks
- Answer incoming phone calls and utilize the capabilities of the current phone technology.
- Assist walk-in customers
- Establish procedures to always ensure excellent customer service. o Follow purchasing policies and procedures
- Assist in the maintenance of office calendar
- Aid in managing departmental email address as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Two years in recruitment/admission and/or in higher education
• Experience with CRM and SIS systems
• Experience in event planning
• Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, particularly in matters relative to sensitive or confidential student records, personnel or organizational matters
• Ability to effectively communicate across all levels through strong verbal, written and presentation skills
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter
• Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours including some weekend and evenings
• Demonstrated understanding, commitment to, and/or experience with under-represented groups and initiatives that enhance inclusive environments
• Experience with data interpretation and reporting
• Valid Driver’s license and ability to operate a motorized vehicle
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: September 26, 2022. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse,
inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A
criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S.
at time of hire.
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville to provide equal employment opportunity to all
individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, arrest or conviction record, identity as a
veteran, disabled veteran, Vietnam era veteran, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any
other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or this state. Sexual harassment is
illegal and will not be tolerated. Co-workers and supervisors may not retaliate against any employee, student,
or job applicant because he or she filed a complaint, assisted in an investigation or participated in any
proceeding alleging discrimination on the foregoing basis.
The University ensures physical accessibility to work environments for persons with disabilities and will
provided reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment. Upon request, the University will
provide reasonable accommodations for religious observances and practices. The University is committed to a
program of affirmative action for women, racial minorities, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans and
veterans of the Vietnam era. While the Chancellor assumes overall responsibility for the success of the
program, university administrators and supervisors are responsible and accountable for implementation.
Authority for monitoring the program is delegated to Human Resources.
Each individual associated with the University is called upon to pledge a new and revitalized commitment to
build and maintain a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination, an environment that fosters
mutual respect, recognizes the dignity and worth of all people, and promotes to the fullest, equal employment
opportunity through affirmative action.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Annual Security & Annual Fire Safety Report is available
for review. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608.342.1584 for a
paper copy of the annual report.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality
in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
Labor Law Poster – English
Labor Law Poster – Spanish
Families First Coronavirus Response Act Update