Current UWP Employee?
Login here to view current openings and apply.
View your details, update your application progress.
Retail & Catering Lead/Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job no: 497693
Work type: University Staff - Ongoing
Categories: Food Service
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is currently seeking applicants for 3 open Retail & Catering Lead/Assistant Restaurant Manager positions. The openings are full-time ongoing positions with flexible work schedules, where the majority of work occurs between 10:00am to 8:00pm. The positions will also rotate weekends. These positions offer excellent fringe benefits-medical, dental, paid leave, and participation in the top ranked Wisconsin Retirement System. Starting pay ranges from $18-$25/hr commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position will work in an extremely collaborative and educational environment to provide customer service and related activities in campus catering operations, following established procedures and best practices to assure high quality catering services.
- Leads service for retail venues and catered events
- Works with catering customers to establish menus, service styles, and other details of catering events
- Performs routine and non-routine food preparation activities including cook to order and specialty foods
- Schedules, trains, and guides service staff and bartenders to staff the various restaurant and event locations on campus
- Cleans, inspects, and maintains kitchen equipment and work areas
- Manages retail shops in a variety of locations on campus
- Performs bartending, barista, waiting on tables, and other services as needed
- Adheres to federal, state, campus, and local food safety regulations, policies, and procedures
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Willingness to learn and train in new areas and skill sets
- Enjoy food service and hospitality with a strong focus on customer service
- Flexibility to work with a dynamic workload, with some days being fast and busy and other days being unique with new situations and experiences
- Open and committed to working around a large and diverse student body from a variety of different backgrounds and experiences
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
We understand food is a very important part of a student's lifestyle. Dining Services strives to deliver a variety of options to satisfy all appetites. We have eight different dining locations on campus, with a diverse, quality selection of items at reasonable costs. We also know healthy eating is an important aspect and we strive to provide healthy options at all locations - whether it's for students, faculty, staff, and/or guests.
We are much more than what most of our visitors see on a daily basis. On top of the multiple dining locations on campus, Dining Services:
- Has a professional catering team that serves meetings, weddings, banquets and private parties, both on and off campus
- Provides meals for the Children's Center on campus
- Distributes food to the Grant County Nutrition for the Elderly, which has six different sites in the county
- Supports efforts of the student-run food pantry on campus, Pioneer Provisions
- Hydroponics lab on campus changes how close our locally-grown lettuce and spinach is for all dining locations
We are a self-operated food service creating community and relationships through staff who are passionate about providing the best experience in campus dining. Whether it’s friends meeting for a meal, a comfort food that takes you back home, or being part of our food service team; Dining Services is here to make the campus dining experience one to fully enjoy.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal. Applications will be accepted until the positions have been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse,
inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A
criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S.
at time of hire.
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville to provide equal employment opportunity to all
individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, arrest or conviction record, identity as a
veteran, disabled veteran, Vietnam era veteran, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any
other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or this state. Sexual harassment is
illegal and will not be tolerated. Co-workers and supervisors may not retaliate against any employee, student,
or job applicant because he or she filed a complaint, assisted in an investigation or participated in any
proceeding alleging discrimination on the foregoing basis.
The University ensures physical accessibility to work environments for persons with disabilities and will
provided reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment. Upon request, the University will
provide reasonable accommodations for religious observances and practices. The University is committed to a
program of affirmative action for women, racial minorities, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans and
veterans of the Vietnam era. While the Chancellor assumes overall responsibility for the success of the
program, university administrators and supervisors are responsible and accountable for implementation.
Authority for monitoring the program is delegated to Human Resources.
Each individual associated with the University is called upon to pledge a new and revitalized commitment to
build and maintain a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination, an environment that fosters
mutual respect, recognizes the dignity and worth of all people, and promotes to the fullest, equal employment
opportunity through affirmative action.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Annual Security & Annual Fire Safety Report is available
for review. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608.342.1584 for a
paper copy of the annual report.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality
in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
Labor Law Poster – English
Labor Law Poster – Spanish
Families First Coronavirus Response Act Update