Current UWP Employee?
Login here to view current openings and apply.
View your details, update your application progress.
Technology Support Specialist
Job no: 497719
Work type: Academic Staff - Project/Interim (12 Month)
Categories: Technology/Information Systems, Office and Administrative
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville invites applications for a Technology Support Specialist. This position will provide services that are tailored to the information technology needs of the City of Platteville staff while being employed by the UW-Platteville Information Technology Services department. This role will provide Microsoft O365 administration and support related to moderately complex systems used for business operations, provides analytic/diagnostic services to city employees regarding computer hardware and software problems, and additional support in specialized systems and end user training as assigned.
Applicants hired into this position may be eligible to work a hybrid work schedule. This is a 12-month benefit and paid leave eligible project position that may be considered for renewal. Starting salary is $55,000 and will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Manage the O365 accounts for the City of Platteville.
- Answers calls of city clients in person on location or off site by phone or IT-based communication tools and troubleshoot and resolve PC/Mac, software, network and other workstation-related problems and issues.
- Provide Tier 2/3 support to specific city related software/hardware.
- Completes procurements, installations, configurations, repairs, automations, and modifications of complex technology hardware, software, and associated components independently.
- Reporting/escalating issues through the appropriate channels.
- Effectively communicate verbal and written information, and in a user-friendly/non-technical manner as appropriate, with team members and customers. Document all user related correspondence thoroughly.
- Communicate IT rules and regulations that city staff must follow.
- Motivates him/herself and his/her team to adhere to IT best practices and deliver outstanding customer service and satisfaction to clients in an agile work environment.
- Assist in the insurance that IT Support Services performance metrics are consistently met or exceeded.
- Meet with City of Platteville employees, individually or as a group to facilitate technology related planning, projects, and purchasing activities.
- Identify areas for process or policy improvement.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software
- Experience with O365 account management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Proficiency with multiple Operating Systems (OS)
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: July 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed until position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse,
inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A
criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S.
at time of hire.
It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville to provide equal employment opportunity to all
individuals regardless of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, arrest or conviction record, identity as a
veteran, disabled veteran, Vietnam era veteran, membership in the national guard, state defense force or any
other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or this state. Sexual harassment is
illegal and will not be tolerated. Co-workers and supervisors may not retaliate against any employee, student,
or job applicant because he or she filed a complaint, assisted in an investigation or participated in any
proceeding alleging discrimination on the foregoing basis.
The University ensures physical accessibility to work environments for persons with disabilities and will
provided reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment. Upon request, the University will
provide reasonable accommodations for religious observances and practices. The University is committed to a
program of affirmative action for women, racial minorities, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans and
veterans of the Vietnam era. While the Chancellor assumes overall responsibility for the success of the
program, university administrators and supervisors are responsible and accountable for implementation.
Authority for monitoring the program is delegated to Human Resources.
Each individual associated with the University is called upon to pledge a new and revitalized commitment to
build and maintain a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination, an environment that fosters
mutual respect, recognizes the dignity and worth of all people, and promotes to the fullest, equal employment
opportunity through affirmative action.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Annual Security & Annual Fire Safety Report is available
for review. Call the UW-Platteville Campus Police Office at 608.342.1584 for a
paper copy of the annual report.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality
in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
Labor Law Poster – English
Labor Law Poster – Spanish
Families First Coronavirus Response Act Update