Manager of Foundation Accounting
Job no: 497995
Work type: Academic Staff - 12 Month Renewable
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Office and Administrative
Remote work may be considered for candidates residing in states other than Ohio, North Dakota, Wyoming, and Washington.
The Manager of Foundation Accounting individual is responsible for applying their knowledge and skills in the preparation and presentation of financial and other decision-oriented information to assist management in strategic planning and in the formulation of policies.
In addition, the Manager of Foundation Accounting is responsible for managing the accounting team and for reporting relationships and responsibilities to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for paid leave and benefits.
- Record and analyze accounting information of the Foundation and other non-profit entities associated with the University
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of foundation accounting
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Support management's strategic planning efforts through financial forecasting and planning.
- Perform variance analysis on budgeted versus actual results
- Prepare financial statements and other financial reports for Board of Directors, Assistant Vice Chancellor and other groups including regulatory agencies and creditors
- Analyze and interpret financial information that management needs in order to make sound business decisions
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles - Provide guidance on recording transactions in accordance with GAAP accounting standards
- Assign projects and direct accounting staff to ensure compliance and accuracy of financial reporting data
- Coordinate and facilitate the completion of the annual financial statement audit
- Supervise employees
- Perform complex accounting duties, prepares financial and statistical reports, delivers training to others, develops and/or manages complex budgets, and develops and documents controls for accounting systems to ensure the accurate recording and reporting of the business unit's financial transactions. May lead and be a resource for others in their department/unit.
- Lead and execute the development, organization, preparation, and updating of complex financial statements, journals, accounts, ledgers, and reports for various financial needs within an automated financial system to ensure accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions
- Prepare and analyze financial reports, data and records, identifies discrepancies, investigates, and recommends solutions as needed
- Monitor automated financial systems, develops, and documents controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity -Performs complex accounting and auditing reconciliations, journal entries, schedules, and reports
- Develop and manage complex work unit budgets, analyzing funding sources, operational needs, budget trends, and financial commitments
- Forecast budget balances and recommend corrective action as needed
- Answer questions and provide accounting related information to internal and external stakeholders according to established policies and procedures
- Facilitate trainings and provide financial guidance to management and staff
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business with an emphasis on accounting, finance, or closely related field.
- 3 to 5 years of accounting/financial experience, preferably with non-profit organizations
- Experience managing financial statement preparations and presentations
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting standards and reporting requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multi-culturally diverse populations
- Strong leadership skills and ability to train up staff
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical skills and ability to interpret financial data
- Experience working with accounting software systems and strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work with division and state finances, Foundation and Alumni accounting, and external entities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal and applications will be accepted until position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact: AJ Cogan, email@example.com
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend