The Children's Center at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville invites applications for a Food Service Assistant. This position will be responsible for preparing food for the attending children according to quality and food safety standards. This is a part-time (approximately 18 hours per week), 12-month position. Wage for this position is $15.00 an hour and is not benefit eligible. Typical working hours are from approximately 9:15/9:30am to 12:45/1:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Prepares food and completes related tasks according to quality and safety standards to ensure customer satisfaction and achieve departmental food service goals.
- Performs routine food preparation activities such as portioning, chopping food, and serving food to children
- Prepares a variety of basic dishes such as sandwiches and salads, and assists in the preparation of more complex dishes
- Provides basic information regarding food preparation and associated activities
- Cleans, inspects, and maintains kitchen equipment and work areas
- Adheres to federal, state, and local food safety regulations, policies, and procedures
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 Year experience in the food industry
- CPR and First Aid certification is preferred
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Children's Center was established in 1996 to provide children with a rich and caring environment. The center provides an atmosphere that promotes development of self-esteem, creativity, and an interest in exploring and discovering.
The mission of the Children's Center is to provide a high-quality, nationally accredited childcare service with education opportunities for children and families at a reasonable cost.
The Children's Center staff members encourage children to grow and successfully learn in their individual way. Our curriculum nurtures children in all areas of development.
Our philosophy is that young children grow and flourish in a positive, stimulating environment. Our teachers facilitate play activities throughout the day which support children's natural desire for learning.
In addition, children learn to be inquisitive, confident, and responsible, which are building blocks for future success.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, and are due by: April 6, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Julie Soja, Children’s Center Director, 608-342-1260
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.