Performing and Visual Arts Department Assistant
Job no: 498247
Work type: University Staff - Ongoing
Categories: Administration, Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Communication, Arts, Media, Office and Administrative
The Department of Performing and Visual Arts at UW-Platteville seeks a Department Assistant to provide general administrative support to the departments of Music, Theatre, Speech and Performing & Visual Arts. This position establishes, maintains, and ensures compliance of department records to ensure departmental goals. Tracks department funds and purchasing. May handle a variety of clerical, student support, and facility coordination duties.
This is a full-time, benefit and paid leave eligible position. Starting salary for this position is $20.00/hour.
- Provides general administrative support to assigned administrator and department.
- May handle a variety of clerical, student support, and facility coordination duties including operational guidance and training on day-to-day activities of student workers and program staff.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for the department
- Welcomes visitors including students, alumni, prospective students, applicants, other employees
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods and organizational systems directed at the maintenance of electronic/physical records related to department operations according to established policies and procedures
- Coordinates projects and program components including, scheduling and logistics, unit workflow, and identifies areas for process improvements
- Schedules spaces for Performing and Visual Arts courses and rehearsals
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves problems regarding technical systems and programs related to department operations
- Submits maintenance and IT requests
- Assists with onboarding of new staff
- Monitors the department, unit or program budget and expenses, and may assist in the development of program budget and projections
- Tracks department funds and purchasing
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Performing and Visual Arts, or related degree OR two years’ experience in an office administration role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to develop proficiency with specialized university software programs necessary to perform the duties required for this position
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and confidentially with students, faculty, staff, administration, and external constituents.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot administrative and technical issues
- Experience maintaining budgets
- Experience in an arts or performance environment
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, and are due by: May 5, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend