Facilities Technician II
Job no: 498255
Work type: University Staff - Ongoing
Facilities Management at UW Platteville invites applications for Facilities Technician II position. The Facilities Technician II inspects, maintains, and repairs basic equipment and facilities to ensure property meets established standards and to prevent further damage. This position also assists with construction, and operational maintenance as needed.
This is a full-time, benefit, and paid leave eligible position. Wage for this position is $16.00-$19.00 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Utilizes equipment to repair and maintain standard machinery, equipment, and facility property to prevent further damage and ensure optimal operation
- Performs routine facility inspections and monitors cleanliness
- Troubleshoots, escalates, and documents issues according to established policies and procedures
- Receives, inspects, inventories, and distributes deliveries to appropriate entities under general supervision
- Assists trades, crafts, vendors, and technical staff with construction, design, and operational maintenance as needed
- Compares and evaluates possible project outcomes and/or variables and executes independent decision making after considering all of the various possibilities
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- Basic equipment maintenance experience
- Prior painting experience
- Capability to safely and accurately comprehend instructions to build fixtures and assemble furniture
- Capacity to safely perform general construction work such as framing and trimming
- Familiarity with a variety of construction materials and tools
- Ability to read design plans and blueprints
- Capacity to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to successfully meet campus authorized driver requirements
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: May 18, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions, please contact Anne Redfearn, 608-342-1176
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend