Job no: 498274
Work type: Academic Staff - 12 Month Renewable
Categories: Student Affairs, Student Services
The Department of Residence Life at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is seeking applicants for a Resident Director. This position will coordinate programming and support for residents living in campus housing, respond to emergency situations, supervise student and/or professional staff, and help create an inclusive and safe living community.
The Resident Director position is a full-time, live-in professional staff position responsible for the supervision of one residence hall. Salary for this position is a minimum of $35,568 per year based on hall placement and experience. This is a benefit and paid leave eligible position.
- Serves as a main point of contact for resident support providing mediation and resolution of personal and facility issues
- Plans, implements, and evaluates student programs and initiatives for residence life
- Receives and responds to crisis and student conduct situations according to established policies and procedures
- May supervise the day-to-day activities of students and/or professional staff and assist with the personnel management allocation plan including hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation
- Supervises one university residence hall
- Directs and coordinates various department projects
- Advises hall government
- Oversees the facilitation of community development
- Assists with university and departmental recruitment efforts
- Performs administrative and managerial tasks associated with the hall
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with various members of the institution, including faculty, senior leadership, and students
- A demonstrated commitment of working with racially and socioeconomically diverse students
- Attention to detail
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The Residence Life department at UW-Platteville strives to provide safe, clean, comfortable, and inclusive living environments as well as opportunities for individuals to be active participants in creating respectful and responsible learning communities.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
- Matt Zielinski, Assistant Director of Residence Life, 608-342-1845
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend