Job no: 498284
Work type: University Staff - Ongoing
Categories: Facilities, Trades
UW Platteville is seeking HVAC Mechanics. These positions are responsible for the maintenance and repair of a wide range of equipment necessary for the heating, air conditioning and ventilating of the campus buildings, and the repair of other mechanical building systems including all cooling towers, chilled water loops, and chemical treatment programs. These positions install, maintain, and repairs environmental control or refrigeration equipment to ensure proper operation of equipment within an assigned facility. May also direct the work of other staff performing routine maintenance and repair functions.
This is a full time, benefit, and paid leave eligible position. Wage for this position is $27.00-$30.00 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Monitors, tests, maintains, and repairs Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, related equipment, and controls according to established policies and procedures
- Receives, prioritizes, and responds to service requests according to established timelines and policies
- Identifies, prioritizes, troubleshoots, and escalates system problems, equipment malfunctions, and repair needs
- Performs scheduled preventative and routine maintenance and documents activity on equipment and systems to ensure optimal and safe operation
- Develops and schedules operational work plans for staff occasionally
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School diploma/GED
- 2 years’ experience in the HVAC field
- Understanding of and ability to perform low voltage circuitry
- Flexibility in schedule to be on-call
- Able to do source location and isolation
- Able to do duct work fabrication
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: June 5, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend