Power Plant Operator
Job no: 498522
Work type: University Staff - Ongoing
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville invites applications for a Power Plant Operator. The Power Plant Operator monitors, operates, adjusts, maintains, and repairs a variety of technical equipment for the campus Heating and Cooling plants to supply the campus with critical services. The normal working hours for this position are on a rotating, 24/7/365 shift schedule, including, nights, weekends, and holidays. Working alone the majority of the time after fully trained.
This is a full-time, benefit and paid leave eligible position. Hourly wage is $21.00/hour.
- Ensures safe and efficient operation of the plant and its associated equipment
- Makes regular inspections of plant equipment and prepares equipment malfunction reports
- Cleans and maintains work areas and equipment
- Starts, stops, and adjusts equipment settings to maintain operational requirements
- Maintains forms, logs, or reports
- Analyzes data and communicates recommendations on equipment and systems operations, both verbally and in written reports
- Adheres to safety protocols and procedures
- Complies with environmental protection protocols and procedures
- May work without direct supervision on shift operations
- Assists with preventative and corrective maintenance as needed
- Assists in the training and oversight of new employees in these and other safe and efficient plant operational procedures
- Responsible for supplying uninterrupted high pressure steam by the safe operation and maintenance of a Natural Gas/Fuel Oil/and Coal Fired Steam Plant
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair machinery in emergency and routine situations.
- Be knowledgeable in safety measures.
- Must have or obtain a PPOE3 certificate equivalent or higher within first six months of employment.
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, and are due by: November 24, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend