Recruitment Support Coordinator
Job no: 498694
Work type: University Staff - Ongoing
Categories: Administration, Communication, Arts, Media, Office and Administrative, Student Services
The Office of Recruitment at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is seeking a Recruitment Support Coordinator. The Recruitment Support Coordinator develops and drafts communication content and assists in the execution of the communications strategy in support of unit communication goals. Assists with the planning, development, coordination, management, and execution of the recruitment and admissions process in alignment with the institution's strategic goals. Represents the institution to prospective students with a goal of attracting, admitting, and enrolling a talented, diverse student body.
This is a full-time, 12-month, position with some work required beyond normal business hours and weekends. Position comes with excellent benefits - medical, dental, paid leave, Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) retirement benefits, and more! Wage for this position is $20/hour.
- Coordinate visit programs and recruitment efforts in collaboration with the Campus Visit Specialist:
- Manage communications for daily visits. This may include confirmation emails, post-visit follow ups, and mailings.
- Assist with the maintenance of the visit webpages.
- Maintain records of prospective student visitors.
- Present information sessions for guests.
- Collaborate with university partners who participate in the daily visit program.
- Some nights, weekends, and overnight trips will be expected depending on when specialty visits are scheduled, but these should be known well in advance.
- May counsel prospective and admitted students on educational planning and career opportunities.
- Review, evaluate, and respond to student applications according to established policies and procedures.
- Engage in extensive outreach and recruitment events, representing the university to prospective students.
- Co-supervise campus visit student staff with the Campus Visit Specialist:
- Participate in the hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluation of the student staff who work the front desk and provide tours.
- Implement prospective student communications:
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Recruitment and the Associate Director of Marketing to develop the office's communications, marketing, and publication strategy
- Plan and implement a social media calendar including coordination with colleagues who will help provide content.
- Implement undergraduate text message strategy.
- Build and maintain communication plans in the customer relationship management system (Slate).
- Use data to improve message effectiveness.
- Run basic reports, queries, and extract data from CRM for tracking and targeted communications.
- Maintain multi-channel enrollment communication plans that resonate with prospective undergraduate students, their parents, and other targeted audiences.
- Monitor reach and effectiveness of communication campaigns, projects, and initiatives.
- Plan editorial content according to established goals and objects.
- Communicate with stakeholders to verify requests and identify editorial resources.
- Provide project management and execution of communications programs, initiatives, and tactical plans.
- Identify, promote, and maintain internal and external partnerships focusing on outreach, recruitment, and admission.
- Perform administrative tasks:
- Help guests and stakeholders by answering incoming phone calls and emails and assisting walk-in customers.
- Work with Assistant Director of Undergraduate Recruitment to establish procedures, trainings, and other materials that will support excellent customer service.
- Assist in scheduling logistics, securing resources, and attending events to promote the Institution.
- Perform other duties as assigned:
- Fill-in as needed when other staff are traveling, out of office, and/or otherwise unavailable.
- May include the occasional overnight trip.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma/GED and 1-3 years' experience in an office/higher education/admissions setting OR Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in customer service, communications, and/or office management (can include part-time experience and/or internship experience)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information to large and small groups.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours including some weekend and evenings
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, particularly in matters relative to sensitive or confidential student records, personnel, or organizational matters
- Demonstrated understanding, commitment to, and/or experience with under-represented groups and initiatives that enhance inclusive environments
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to operate a motorized vehicle
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: February 21, 2024. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend