The Children’s Center at UW Platteville invites applications for a Lead Teacher opening in our infant classroom. The Lead Teacher works as part of a team to deliver a developmentally appropriate curriculum for infant age children. The teacher provides general supervision and management of children enrolled in his/her classroom.
The Lead Teacher will prepare classroom materials, facilitate classroom programs, and assess student progress to ensure safety and foster an environment of learning and development in accordance with established curriculum. The Lead Teacher interacts regularly with parents and trains new teachers and students.
This is a full-time, benefit and paid leave eligible position. Minimum salary for this position is $35,568 and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Plans and facilitates classroom programming and schedules daily classroom activities for an early childhood education facility according to established curriculums
- Maintains the safety and physical well-being of children in a designated classroom
- Evaluates individualized and developmental educational plans for children in collaboration with other stakeholders, as needed
- Maintains and documents effective communication with internal and external stakeholders to relay pertinent information and provide updates of child activities per established guidelines and regulations
- Mentor new teachers and students
- Additional duties as assigned
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of early childhood education
- Strong written and oral communications skills
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Children's Center was established in 1996 to provide children with a rich and caring environment. The center provides an atmosphere that promotes development of self-esteem, creativity, and an interest in exploring and discovering.
The mission of the Children's Center is to provide a high-quality, nationally accredited childcare service with education opportunities for children and families at a reasonable cost.
The Children's Center staff members encourage children to grow and successfully learn in their individual way. Our curriculum nurtures children in all areas of development.
Our philosophy is that young children grow and flourish in a positive, stimulating environment. Our teachers facilitate play activities throughout the day which support children's natural desire for learning.
In addition, children learn to be inquisitive, confident, and responsible, which are building blocks for future success.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, and are due by: September 27, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Julie Soja, Children’s Center Director, 608-342-1260
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.