UW-Platteville seeks 50% FTE (20 hours a week) temporary Administrative Assistant to provide support to Kern Entrepreneurial Engineering Network (KEEN) @ P Initiatives and the KEEN @ P Coordinator. This position will assist with creation of the faculty development program. This is to include documentation of efforts associated with the goal to reach 100% of our engineering students with “Entrepreneurially Minded Learning” and the execution of a grant to create a faculty professional development program: KEEN @ P EM Leadership Academy.
The primary responsibilities will include managing grant funding, tracking the grant deliverables and timeline, collecting assessment data, and handling the promotion and publication of activities. Pay for this temporary position is $17.00-$20.00 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience, and is not benefit eligible.
- Maintain and monitor grant budget
- Manage program communication including responding to emails
- Maintain and monitor grant deliverables and timeline
- Prepare reports on KEEN @ P activities and impact Maintain KEEN @ P website
- Prepare program promotions including social media posts, articles, newsletters
- Record minutes at program meetings
- Reserve rooms/labs and arrange other details for events
- Additional duties as assigned
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and administration
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: April 12, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Dr. Jessica Fick, firstname.lastname@example.org
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.