UW Platteville invites application for Engineering Specialist. This position will provide engineering input in designing, modifying, and constructing institution facilities, including buildings and physical plant infrastructure to ensure the institution is meeting regulatory standards.
The position will be responsible for hands on project management, including structuring task dependencies, communication plans and tracking milestones. Emphasis placed on working with a varied project team and related stakeholders to develop, complete and track tasks necessary to compete the University’s responsibilities in the development and implementation of these construction projects. Position will facilitate communication and idea flow between various Departments, Colleges, Divisions within the University and with university partners to address current needs as well as anticipating the needs of future University programs.
This position will facilitate various stakeholder meetings throughout the planning, programming, design, and implementation process. Solid facilitation skills, including a skillset in creative problem solving and information gathering is important. The ability to facilitate discussion and decision making that will enable the campus to both meet current program needs, but also anticipate the needs of future programs and pedagogy. This position will work to make sure the overall development and implementation of projects stays on track.
This individual must be able to quickly gain a working knowledge of the State of Wisconsin capital budget program. Strong communications, facilitation and relationship building skills are required as well as solid project management experience. This position may require travel to construction sites in varying levels of completion and may require the incumbent to safely navigate unstable terrain.
This is a full time, benefit and paid leave eligible position with wage range of $58,000-$61,100 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Assesses, designs, modifies, and constructs institution facilities utilizing engineering techniques and best practices.
- Monitors, interprets, communicates, and applies all established building codes, policies, and procedures.
- Liaises facility construction plans with internal and external stakeholders and vendors and provides engineering guidance and recommendations to align with strategic facility planning.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to unit leadership regarding engineering technology, design, methodology, and execution for varying facilities projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- 2 years' experience in a construction management, design engineering, project design or implementation, or cost estimating related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License and able to meet the qualifications of operating a state vehicle
- Prior experience using ESRI & AutoCAD software
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, and are due by: March 19, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Katrina Hecimovic, 608-342-1155
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.