Job no: 498154
Work type: Academic Staff - 12 Month Renewable
Categories: Office and Administrative, Student Affairs, Student Services
The Office of Recruitment at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville invites applications for an Admission Counselor. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with high school counselors, prospective students, and their families to achieve the strategic enrollment goals of the university. We are looking for an individual with a high degree of self-motivation.
This is a full-time, 12-month position, offering excellent benefits, paid leave, and participation in the top ranked Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS). Salary for this position is $40,000.
- Conduct high school visits in Eau Claire, Green Bay and Central WI while meeting with prospective students, their parents, and high school staff. Extensive travel is expected throughout the year.
- Serve as one of the university representatives for college educational fairs, national educational fairs, high school college nights, and other recruiting events as assigned. This will include traveling and evening and weekend responsibilities both on and off campus.
- Work directly for and with the Assistant Director of Recruitment in planning and executing the University Recruitment Plan, and the University Marketing Plan.
- Create, plan and implement various on and off campus events.
- Assist in the development and utilization of recruitment via technology.
- Know and understand all university academic programs, admission policies, and university history for recruitment purposes.
- Meet with prospective students and other guests as warranted and directed.
- Provide information sessions and tours for guests of the university.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university attained by the position's start date
• Experience in recruitment and significant understanding of the recruitment process
• Experience with CRM and SIS systems
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to present information to large and small groups
• Demonstrated ability with successful planning and organizing of events and activities
• Experience with or a commitment to diverse populations
• Must have a valid driver’s license and meet the conditions to drive a state vehicle
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: March 23, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend