UW Platteville seeks applications for Campus Facilities Planner. The Campus Facilities Planner coordinates the physical inventory systems, performs data and analysis on space utilization, facilities and project planning, open space design, and/or transportation planning, and reviews and make recommendations on improvements in support of efficient use of both indoor and outdoor university facilities initiatives.
This is a full time, benefit, and paid leave eligible position. Wage for this position begins at $60,000 and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Schedules logistics and secures resources and information to identify, assign, and acquire space for institutional use
- Analyzes, audits, and updates facility records
- Reviews, evaluates, approves, and provides recommendations for facility improvements, space assignments, and proposals utilizing best practices and established policies and procedures
- Reviews space requests and models test fits and facility options for massing, scale, and impact to university facilities per the Campus Long Range Plan
- Investigates options for potential future development based on unit facility master plans and the overall Campus Long Range Plan
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external contractors, vendors, stakeholders, and constituents
- May assist with campus facility projects and planning in various stages and provide recommendations, solutions, guidance, or input as required
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years' prior project management or facility management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to interpret and comprehend design blueprints
- Prior drafting experience a plus
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: May 29, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Anne Redfearn, 608-342-1176
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.