Construction and Safety Laboratory Manager
Job no: 498365
Work type: Academic Staff - 9 Month Terminal
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Trades, Safety
The Department of Industrial Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is seeking applicants for a part-time Construction and Safety Laboratory Manager. This position includes directing the technical activities, operations, planning, and policy development of the construction and safety lab, including coordinating the activities of multiple, complex projects and staff to ensure quality control and compliance with regulations.
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) working during the academic year (August through May). Wage for this position is $25/hour and is not benefit or paid leave eligible.
- Monitors equipment maintenance, lab set-up, and fabrication
- Identifies, proposes, and implements new or revised unit operational policies and procedures in alignment with strategic initiatives and objectives
- Serves as the unit liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups providing information, making recommendations to leadership, and representing the interests of the unit
- Directs and supervises the day-to-day laboratory operations, quality control programs, and/or staff of a work unit to ensure compliance with organization and regulatory agency standards
- Monitors program budgets and expenditures
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Associate's Degree OR three years' of relevant education or experience in general construction
- Knowledge in construction safety and equipment maintenance/repair
- Experience with heavy construction equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with implementing and maintaining equipment inventories and maintenance schedules
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Desire and ability to work closely with faculty, instructional staff, and students in a customer support role
- Attention to detail and project management skills
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, and are due by: October 30, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend