The University of Wisconsin-Platteville seeks a full-time, tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing within the School of Business. The position is physically located on the Platteville campus (i.e. non-remote) and will primarily teach marketing courses at the introductory, advanced undergraduate, and graduate levels. The ability to teach in a second area such as Sales or Management is a plus. The desired start date is August 2024. The ideal candidate will be expected to meet traditional requirements of excellence in teaching, active scholarly and professional engagement, and service to the university and community. The position entails a teaching load of four classes per semester that may include a combination of on-campus courses and online courses.
The University of Wisconsin System has a nationally top ranked retirement plan and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Teach four courses per semester in fall and spring terms. Potential courses include but are not limited to:
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Promotions Management
- Digital Marketing
- Introduction to Marketing
- Courses taught may include a combination of undergraduate and graduate courses as well as across multiple modalities such as in-person, online, or hybrid.
- Provide advising to students regarding their future careers in management.
- Assist with faculty mentoring for the AMA student organization.
Scholarly & Professional Activity
- Participate in the creation and distribution of scholarly and/or professional work.
- Engage and share expertise with professional associations and organizations.
- Engage in service to the university and the business school through formal and ad hoc committees.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Doctorate degree in marketing, business, or closely related field.
- ABD candidates are welcome to apply, with expectation of dissertation completion within first year of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment that respects and builds upon individual differences, particularly those of historically marginalized groups.
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
The School of Business is an energetic, teaching-focused academic unit that emphasizes applied experiences in preparing future business professionals. Courses regularly include client-based projects, advanced simulations, and other high-impact learning activities to help students bridge theory to practice. The school offers over 15 programs at the associates, bachelors, and masters levels in multiple modalities including classroom and online. Additionally, the school offers a robust set of collegial and financial supports to nurture scholarly activity and professional development.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal. To ensure full consideration applications must be received by March 1, 2024. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing your educational and professional preparation.
- A current resume/vita which may also note any contributions to scholarly (e.g. journal publication, conference presentation) or practitioner audiences (e.g. trade publications, presentations, or service to professional associations).
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references. References will not be contacted until the final stages of the search and only with the candidate's foreknowledge.
- A memo (1 page maximum) outlining your teaching philosophy and perspectives about the role of a faculty in stimulating an inclusive learning environment.
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Dr. Les Hollingsworth, Director, School of Business - SchoolofBusiness@uwplatt.edu
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.