The Facilities Technician III is in charge of facilities and grounds at the Baraboo Sauk County campus. The Facilities Technician III inspects, maintains, and repairs specialized equipment and facilities to ensure property meets established standards and to prevent further damage. This position also assists with construction, design, operations and custodial maintenance as needed. This is a full-time, 12-month, position with some work required beyond normal business hours and weekends. Position comes with excellent benefits - medical, dental, paid leave, Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) retirement benefits, and more! Wage for this position is $22/hour.
- Utilizes specialized equipment to repair and maintain complex machinery, equipment, and facility property to prevent further damage and ensure optimal operation
- Performs routine and non-routine facility inspections and monitors cleanliness
- Troubleshoots, escalates, and documents issues according to established policies and procedures
- Receives, inspects, inventories, and distributes deliveries independently to appropriate entities
- Assists trades, crafts, vendors, and technical staff with construction, design, and operational maintenance as needed
- Maintains billing invoices and records, provides monthly reports of campus needs and expenditures
- Assists in high quality housekeeping, grounds keeping, HVAC and solid waste management programs
- Maintains compliance with all applicable building and fire codes
- Participates in crisis response and continuity of operations planning activities
- Plans, directs, and carries out grounds maintenance and landscaping
- Collaborates with custodial team to ensure cleaning of assigned facility areas and remove waste and recyclables
- Maintains and organizes supplies and equipment, documents inventory, and purchases supplies as needed
- Documents and reports repairs, violations, and pest control needs
- Maintains clean and clear walkways to ensure they are free of debris, litter, snow, and ice
- Maintains the physical appearance of building exteriors and adjacent grounds
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- HS Diploma/GED
- Knowledge and experience with mechanical systems, including pumps and other machinery; electrical systems, including lighting; landscaping and other grounds care
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
University of Wisconsin-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County is proud to be your local UW campus! As part of the University of Wisconsin Platteville, we offer the foundation coursework for over 200 majors, along with a wide range of collaborative, non-credit, and special programs.
At the Baraboo Sauk County campus, you get all the benefits of a small, liberal arts college, along with the resources of the world-class University of Wisconsin-Platteville. We provide a supportive environment where you can work directly with professors who are dedicated to teaching. That, along with a wide range of outstanding academic and co-curricular options, makes UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County your best path to a college degree and unlimited career opportunities.
Just a short drive from Devil’s Lake State Park, Madison, and Wisconsin Dells, our campus is surrounded in natural beauty, history, and culture. Take some time to explore our website and learn more about us, or stop by and pay us a visit! We think you'll like what you see.
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: March 1, 2024. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current resume
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Stephen Swallen, firstname.lastname@example.org
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.